Please enjoy our FREE Massage Demo HERE
Torticollis Massage Guidebook & DVD by Reese Myra Murphy
Click HERE to visit Myra’s Guidebook site
To request Myra’s free ST Massage Letter: Click HERE
Myra’s email: [email protected]
Abbie’s Books: Click Here: https://stclinic.com/abbies-books/
EXCELLENT book by Tom Seaman: Diagnosis Dystonia; Navigating the Journey This should be THE resource book for ST for many years to come!!! http://www.diagnosisdystonia.com
Tom’s NEW book : Beyond Pain and Suffering: www.BeyondPainandSuffering.com
Alerts on withdrawal from Benzodiazepines
(Ativan, Klonopin, Valium, & Xanyx) Ambien, though not a Benzo, can have similar severe withdrawal symptoms.
Alerts re. Ativan: https://addictionrehabtreatment.com/drugs/prescription/benzos/ativan/
Shaklee for healthier living!
At this link you will be able to order your Vitalizer (complete all natural Vitamin/Mineral program) and 15% discount on all products when you become a member. This adds up to HUGE savings over time!! A strong immune system encourages your body to repair. Here is the application for membership. Signed Shalee App
Social Security Disability help:
Here is a government link:
No-No medications: (VERY important!)
Click on No-No Meds link for a Pdf file Click Here
There are many meds that can cause Dystonic reactions, and we should avoid all of these!! Lipitor, Lyrica, Spironolactone and Ambilify should also be in the list. Even if a drug is not on the no-no list, look up the side effects on the internet. If you see side effects such as muscle spasms, muscle tightness, muscle crapming, muscle twitching, etc., that’s a major red flag.
Dopamine antagonists which are generally used to treat psychotic disorders and have been reported to make dystonia worse, should be used with caution. They include phenothiazine, haloperidol, tetrabenazine and pimozide. These drugs are usually avoided in the treatment of one with dystonia due to the potential to worsen dystonia. It is important that the doctor prescribing these types of drugs be familiar with dystonia.
Both all SSRIs and SNRI’s must be avoided!
Serotonin-‐norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
• Desvenlafaxine (Pristiq), active metabolite of venlafaxine.
• Duloxetine (Cymbalta)
• Levomilnacipran (Fetzima)
• Milnacipran (Ixel, Savella)
• Venlafaxine (Effexor)
Tramadol (Tramal, Ultram) and Sibutramine (Meridia, Reductil) are also SNRIs and may be included in this class.
NEW!!! Torticollis Head Brace. This is a simple tool you can mke for pennies at home that may help some of youj. Here is a 10 minute demo video:
Dangers of household chemicals
Household Chemicals It makes NO sense for those of us with a neurological disorder to go out and buy products that contain chemicals that can cause neurological damage!
I’m including this pdf file (click here) to hopefully scare you out of your wits, so you will begin using natural products.
We strongly recommend Shaklee supplements but also all the great Shaklee household, body and bath products. Click Here For Shaklee products
Productsand letting the machine work down to your mid-back.
- High Back Obusforme: turns every chair into a high-back support for your neck and head. Do a web search. Get the one by Homedics. Search the web.
- Elasto-Gel Cold Neck Wrap: helpful for both pain and spasms. Amazon.com also has this.
- AccuBall Massage Tool: I use mine daily and my neck and shoulders and love it. Search web for best price.
- Shiatsu Massage Machine:
- Occipivot: self-help cranial sacral device. Place on a pillow and lie on it with the bumps at the base of the skull. 20 minutes max. Here is a demo (be remember we use it on a pillow, chin slightly tucked) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jay0Z88rS1g
- Back Buddy (or similar product) for trigger point work on shoulders and back.